Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Scarecrow

Yippee! Straw! Our friend Leah took us to a nursery (for plants, not babies--this was somewhat confusing) to make a scarecrow last week. First I had to jump in the straw a bit.

Then we painted the face. I started with the mouth...

...and ended by putting on the hair (Mommy and Leah did the parts in-between).

There were big pumpkins there, so while all the painting was going on I walked around saying "Biiiiig Pakin."

We chose clothes and stuck a T-pole in them, and tied the ends of the pants and shirt with string.

Then we stuffed, stuffed, stuffed them with straw. This got old fast. I wandered off a bit, but I did help some.

While this was going on I lined up the paint jars on the bleachers, then put them back in the pots.

I also stuffed some straw...it was tickly to sit in!

Ta-dah! Here's our scarecrow. I named him Spooky Dark. We also LOVED the huge pumpkin balloon.

They had a straw bale maze, and I went in a little bit, but when it got too scary I came right back out.

Leah and I made it all the way through, although we got lost a little bit. What a good friend she is--I could stand up in the maze, but she crawled the whole way (and came out with a smile on her face, even)! Thanks, Leah! By the way, Mommy had said that she wouldn't go in with me!!!

They had cool carts at the nursery, which we used to transport Spooky Dark.

Nothing better than a personal bag of popcorn to finish off a perfect afternoon. We also visited the petting zoo and little playground. This nursery is moving soon and we saw the new site, with lots of cool mini houses. I hope we can go there, too, someday. For now the scarecrow is enjoying his post in front of our house (although he hasn't liked to rain too much...).

No comments:

Post a Comment