Ok, so this is not really news, but Mom wanted to post some pictures of our big trauma. On Monday, May 21, I ate some peanut butter, then a few hours broke out in little bumps on my legs, which spread and got bigger and redder over the next hours. When I went to the doctor in the morning, I looked like this:
The benadryl the Dr. gave me didn't do much, and by the afternoon I was all covered, but decently cheerful. By nightfall I was itching all over, and not well-coordinated enough to scratch well, and generally miserable. I had a fever, too.
The next morning the Dr. told us to go in to the ER, which freaked my Mom out, and my Dad, too, I guess. But I was in and out pretty quickly, although it was awfully scary when they gave me my first two shots of my life: a benadryl one and a steroid one. By this time my dots had spread and the inside became kind of white, giving a sort of map-of-the-world look:
Anyhoo, this was all pretty sad, but the good news is that by that evening I was almost totally cleared up! Some red spots came back the next morning, but they were gone by noon, and none the next morning. But the oral steroid made me a cranky little lad, and we were all glad to kiss them, and the whole mess, goodbye.We (sort of) hope that this may have been a freak viral thing, but I guess I won't be having a PB&J sandwich anytime soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment