Sunday, March 15, 2009

Adam's Birthday Party

On Friday night, Grandpa and Grandma came from Iowa, for Adam's party. It was great to have them read to us before bed--the next best thing to being at their house in Iowa!


After the kids were in bed, the party prep got going. The kitchen, which was going to be Adam's main birthday present, was all neatly delivered a few days ago in a HEAVY box, and Dale and Mitch dove into the project.

Lots o' little parts.

The father and son team got it all together in about 3 hours!

In the meantime, I got the race car cake underway. A bit stubbier than my imagination...but nothing that frosting and candy couldn't make up for.

On Saturday morning, I helped by separating the Skittles into their colors.

Both Theo and I wanted to help decorate the cake, and Mommy let us--with some pretty clear directions.

Ta dah!

Let's skip ahead here to follow the cake storyline. After gifts and lunch, we sang and I got ready to blow out candles again.


Look--I managed to blow out the farthest one first! Cool, huh! I eventually got them all, and we picked out what parts we wanted to eat.

Adrienne loved it, too! The smile of a satisfied consumer.

So back to presents. It was fun to open the packages.

We all had to examine the cool cars and trucks Adam got.

Here Mommy is telling Theo to keep the secret of the kitchen. He and Daddy had made a scavenger hunt for us to find it, and he was SOOOO excited!

The last present was an apron, pot and ladle--I wonder what these clues might mean?

Again, the body language says it all. Theo could barely let the two 3-year-olds hunt at their own pace.

Here's a clue!

Down the stairs again...

Taking little peeks though the cardboard box screen.

Once the kitchen was revealed, everyone had to get in on the exploration.

And a few hours after the party: What better place to put my cool new cars? Thanks, everyone, for a great birthday. I think "free" is going to be a great age! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment