Sunday, March 22, 2009

S-P-R-I-N-G!!!!

The first sign of true spring in our yard are these little yellow flowers. There are literally 3 or 4 blossoms, tops, but once they have bloomed, they stay around until the showier flowers take over, despite any late-winter ice or snow. Last year I identified the flower as "winter aconite."

All this to say--spring seems to have arrived just as the calendar predicted this year! Hooray!

Adam and I have been playing outside a lot in the warmer weather. This is the "junk pile" we created Friday afternoon, as Mommy worked in the kitchen. My bike is on the bottom, and the rest is every outdoor toy we own, including two trikes and Adam's scooter. The best part about it, Mommy said, was that we were pretty happy to clean it up. At least I was--Adam has had trouble with clean-up these past few weeks. But even he got into the action eventually.

I have been riding my bike on its clattery training wheels since the snow melted, but today we went to the Chandler playground, and Daddy took off my training wheels. And guess what? I CAN RIDE MY BIKE! It is so fun, as you can see in the videos below. It was harder getting started and keeping going on the flat, narrow sidewalks on the way home, but I just kept trying and didn't give up. I am never putting the baby wheels back on!


Soon after the wheels were off...


A few minutes later!


I'm a good rider, too!


I was wearing knee pads, but I did scrape my arm on my biggest fall. Mommy said that this is what every kid looks like on the first day they ride a bike, but that doesn't make it feel any better.

And yet, as long as there are silly faces to be made, life is good.

Here's my silly face! Does it look like I need a trip to the dentist's office?

And here's to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment