Thursday, April 30, 2009

Adam's First Program

One evening last week my school had a Spring Program. Earlier in the week I had been crying during practice, so my parents and teachers did not know what to anticipate. But when our class went up front I had a great time and sang along with everyone else. We are the youngest class, and so we went first. My parents were interested to note that when I went up on the stage I had been changed into "nicer" clothes by my teachers. My parents had just brought me in my school clothes, since this was their first Walnut Hill program, too. I think Mommy had a sense that this might be more of a dress-up affair, but when she asked me if I wanted to change that afternoon I said no, and she didn't feel very strongly about it. Still, it must have been funny to see me come out in clothes they had never seen before!

"A peanut sat on the railroad track, his heart was all aflutter. Around the bend came Number 10, Toot! Toot! Peanut butter!" This picture is of us singing the last word of this song.

Here is a picture of Kaden and I doing our duet after the other songs. We both wanted to sing "I've Been Working on the Railroad," but no one else knew the song. So we sang a little duet, very well-received. Kaden was more dramatic, but I brought it home while he was fiddling with the mic and hamming it up on the last stanza. Mommy wanted to put the video up, but the connection is too slow tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment