Friday, May 13, 2011

Theo's 8th Birthday with Friends

Eight candles in a greenish spring nest, with jelly belly eggs... But I am getting a bit ahead of myself!

Theo's birthday party began with bowling. Getting everyone into shoes that fit was the first hurdle.


Three 2nd grade boys, three 2nd grade girls, Theo and Adam made up the bowling party.


This time the ball stayed in his lane (rather than ending in another lane or between the bumpers...).





Home for pizza.

And a little dress up. Theo was supposed to get decked out to marry his bride, defined as the girl with the highest bowling score. This was the girls' idea, and one of them was the wedding planner. The high scorer got cold feet in the end, but the third girl was a willing bride.

I guess they went for a casual wedding. What I wouldn't give for a transcript of these vows!

The gang in the tree.

Spring nests and eggs for everyone.

Hanging out until the parents came.

Theo's new Spyology book was a big hit!


Hmmm...

All in all, it felt like a fine, low-key party to me. Not sure about the wedding, but rather that than a pitched battle, I guess. Who knows who will be the party-goers, and the activities, next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment