Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Eve in Goshen

This year we stayed in Goshen for Christmas Eve, since Mommy needed to be at our church that night.

After my nap, we gathered around the Christmas tree.

I set the nativity scene characters around the stub of our Advent candle.

Daddy read to us about a goat that helped some families in a village, and we decided to give some animals for Christmas, too. Adam gave a pig, and Theo gave some ducks and geese.

Then we opened our stockings. I am holding a hilarious drum stick that makes all kinds of sound effects. Luckily we all think it is funny.

Later we went to church for a soup supper and children's play. I was a racoon. Here the main character is feeding her bread to all the hungry animals in the forest. After the play and some singing and candle-lighting, we went home. It was time for bed, but we knew we would be heading to Iowa in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment