Saturday, November 7, 2009

In the Woods

For our Fall Break we went to see Jonathan and Maria's family in Ohio. It was great to see their backyard and play in their woods.



Did someone lose a contact? No, we're hunting hickory nuts (see below) which we later cracked and made into a yummy cake.


Rocking the house.

Charlotte and I were born 4 days apart, almost 4 years ago.

On Friday while folks were in school, we went to the nearby village, which had the steepest urban hill we had seen outside of San Francisco. We ran up...

...and down.

Pumpkin petit fours by the falls that are in the middle of town.

Can you see me? Fun climbing!

During my afternoon quiet time I played with the dollhouse. Look at this teeny cup of pop!

Swinging alone is fun,

but even better with two...

The crowing silkies.

I got to drive a mini-motorcycle!

Another excellent vehicle.

Can you guess what we're looking at so attentively?

This has always been a favorite toy at their house--a real roller coaster!

Phillip and I got along really well--we both wanted to wrestle, and we were both ready to be done after a few falls and scrapes.



We made Halloween cut-out cookies.

And a quieter moment with Phillip, who read to me at bedtime!

On Saturday morning we put this contraption together while everyone else was sleeping, and then Phillip showed up how to make it go.

Some final Top Secret escapades. So much fun was had by all, just wish we lived closer!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this was fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed the recounting and also seeing bits from your time in Chagrin Falls!! I will have to show the kids in the morning -- they will love the photos. Those ones of Phillip and Theo are priceless -- really captures the wrestling spirit!

    ReplyDelete