Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Saturday at Silver Beach

This weekend we went to Silver Beach in Michigan. We had a yummy lunch before we left, then both of us slept in the car for an hour and a half--and we were there! First we walked to the pier, where I climbed up on this "Jack and the Beanstalk" sculpture. At least that's what it looked like.

I got a ride in the backpack, which was a good thing, because I might have wanted to get close to the edge, like Theo!

It was so cool to look down at the water--but it seemed to make everybody nervous. Cool off, big people, I know what I'm doing!

Grandma loves walking on piers, and Grandpa Mark did, too, and so do I!

This is the beach. Pretty soon I was ready to go exploring in the crowds of people, but Grandma was hot on my trail.

What a HUGE, AWESOME sandbox!!!

Sandy-hand snacks aren't so bad. I'd prefer crunchy choclate chip granola bars to waiting to wipe off my hands.

The water was cool, and really shallow. A wonderful wading beach. We got pretty wet. :)


After a while I was tired, so I said "nye-night" and lay down on the sand. Grandma gave me a night-night kiss! My sandy "pillow" left its mark in my ears...

Sandy cheese! Yum! What a fun day we had at the beach--and we didn't even have to drive very far.

No comments:

Post a Comment