Do you know what this is? These are falling down from our maple trees these days, and you can call them keys or helicopters, because they spin around as they fall. There are millions in our backyard!
This afternoon I collected the helicopters in yogurt containers. Sometimes I called them bullets, but not always.
See how many I collected? I didn't want to share any with Adam, and he didn't ask for any but just took them from me. Sometimes it is hard to have a brother. But anyway, this all started because I told Mommy they looked like wings, and we thought we should try to make craft projects with them. Do you think we have enough of them yet?I love mowing these days. This is Theo's old mower, but I have probably used it more this spring than he ever did.
I am looking up at Daddy trimming the burning bush! He is way up high.
When Daddy was trimming, it was pretty loud! We had to stand away from him. Later as Mommy made crepes for supper, we helped clean up the trimmings.
I learned that the maple trees in front are not good for climbing, but the redbud is!
Sometimes I wonder how I'm ever going to get down, but only rarely do I need a rescue.
Hi down there!
While Theo was a-climbin', I was a-swingin'. This is how I talk these days. Although, it's more often like, "I'm-a gonna" do something...
Soooo, how long do you have to wait until Adam can mow for real?
ReplyDelete