Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Adam's 6th 5th Birthday Party

Let me begin by saying that, like a good Mennonite, I am not proud of the following cake. Unfortunately, I really feel I have reason not to be this time around. Life has been too busy to spend time crumb-coating and freezing the cake before cutting it, and the fire truck is a bit droopy as a result. BUT...I did it, and Adam liked it, and we ate it, and It Was Good.

Modified from the Betty Crocker suggestion online...can't do it exactly like anyone else (and they used 3 loaf pans, and I have 2). I mixed strawberry jam with icing to glue the pieces together...which added to the sloppiness (and yum factor).


I was finally ok with the cake once I put the crazy green eyes and blech tongue in.

This may have been the smallest family party ever, with Dave out of town (but Adam did have 5 other parties, if you recall). It's always fun to have cousin time.




"Who's the kid in MY Exersaucer?" Actually, Samantha did get a turn in the saucer, too, but she is much happier running around and exploring these days!

Thanks to ALL who celebrated this milestone with us. Five seems like a watershed, after which it's school school school, and our toddler is that much closer to grown up. Bittersweet, but mostly sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment