In case anyone was wondering, it is not all play and no work for Dale and Charlene in Vail. Dale drives a snowcat several days each week, transporting guests and Vail employees from the gondola to the
Game Creek Club, and back. I guess it pays to have heavy machinery experience if you're a skier!

Both Mitch and I had a chance to ride up the mountain with Dale on his early morning snowcat run. Here is the cat coming toward us in the early morning parking lot.

A cloudy morning, but magnificent nonetheless.


Name that meteorological effect! A
sun-dog of sorts? Or the second coming?

Dale claims that the scenery never gets old! :)

As Chris noted on Facebook, this picture has the discticntion of capturing three kids not looking at the camera in three unique ways. I especially appreciate back-of-the-head Ira.

Theo's snowcat model, complete with a couple of skiers and a snowboarder.
No comments:
Post a Comment