Sunday, June 1, 2008

Grandma Jan Came this Weekend

Do you remember that I got a Slip 'n' Slide for my birthday? Well, it was finally warm enough to get it out this weekend, and we had so much fun. Grandma Jan was here, too, and she took lots of good pictures, although she didn't do any slipping and sliding!

My knees came through the back part of the slide on a particularly awesome run, but although it "broke" within the first half hour, we can still have just as much fun!





On Sunday we ate lunch on the back porch. After nap/quiet time, it was time to play in the water again!


Sliding is great, but resting in the warm, wet grass isn't half bad, either!

When we had gotten all cleaned up and dried off, we went to The Chief in the red wagon and had ice cream. The idea wasn't very original--lots of other people were in front of us (and then in back of us) in line. But I guess great minds think alike.

I LOVED my chocolate cone. But that pesky ice cream just didn't want to be rounded up very well.

It didn't help, probably, that I was walking through these cool trees behind The Chief as I ate...

I tried my best to get it all in my mouth...

...and it was good to the last drop! Although I guess the last drops were all over me--so much for being cleaned up after the water play! Maybe we did this afternoon backwards.

No visit from Grandma Jan would be complete without a LOT of reading time. She had new books for us each morning when we woke up and found her in her bed. We will miss her very much when she goes home tomorrow, but we plan to see her in Lancaster in August, before school starts. Maybe we can play at the beach then!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the ice cream cone pictures of Adam! Looks like a yummy-sticky mess. The slip and slide looks like fun. Some day the boys will have to show Morgan how it's done. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete