Sunday, July 27, 2008

Elkhart County 4-H Fair 2008

This week was Fair week. Mommy and Daddy decided that we could go one evening when the rides were only a dollar. First we looked around the midway and got some tickets. We didn't go to see any shows or animals this year, but just kept it simple--food and rides.


We decided to eat before riding, and we chose the all-you-can-eat pancakes with sausage. They made the pancakes up fresh right before our very eyes.

I ate three pancakes really, really fast...

...and this is how I felt when I was almost done with the third one.

I had one pancake and half a sausage, and chocolate milk. I ended up pretty sticky.

Daddy was the only one of us who needed some more pancakes to fulfill the "all-you-can-eat" promise. But we waited (mostly) patiently for him to finish.

Our first ride was the traditional Ferris Wheel. We first went as a family when Adam was in the sling, two years ago. Then Daddy and I were the lucky riders last year, since we didn't know if Adam would like it. This year we all went again.

Then Adam and I could choose three more rides each. We rode together on the train first.

I chose this cool army plane to ride in on my second ride. I watched the ride two times before I got a turn, and I noticed that the airplanes went higher than the helicopters, so that's why I wanted to be in an airplane. I figured out how to clip myself in, too.

Daddy and Adam hung out while we waited. Adam chose to ride the train again for each of his rides. He always sat in the caboose, like we did the first time.

This was the coolest ride that I was brave enough to go on. The motorcycles make jumps on this track. We watched a while while we waited in line.

I chose the golden motorcycle.

We ended the evening with a strawberry smoothie. That made it easier to head home to bed. As we left, the midway was really filling up, and there was a long line of people waiting to get in!

No comments:

Post a Comment