This weekend our Iowa Rhodes family came out for a get-together in Goshen. It was great to be together, but we missed Sandi and Nick and Michael, who couldn't come this time.

Grandma brought along the new comforter that is for my big boy bed. It had all kinds of farm stuff on it! Now it is on my bed. Thanks, Grandma Charlene!

On Saturday we all went to the lake house of some friends of Sara and Dave. We got sunscreen on, and headed out to the boat!

We couldn't all fit on the boat at the same time, but a lot of us could, and it was so much fun!

I held my hat on to keep it from blowing away. Daddy is wearing a cap in this picture, but soon after it blew off, never to be seen (by us) again!

We little cousins got to watch the action as Vince and Tommy tubed.

Then I got on the tube with Daddy!

Morgan and Dave rode along with us, too. It was fun! After a while we asked to go a bit faster, but when we got somewhat bounced around we were ready to get back in the boat.

I preferred to ride snuggled up with Uncle Chris rather than on a tube.

Look how cool I am with Becca's glasses!

We had sloppy joes for lunch before going out again.

This time Vince gave me a ride on the tube, and...

...Sara rode with Morgan. I can't wait for another chance to go boating and tubing!

We had lots of fun during the weekend playing with Uncle Chris and our big cousins in the basement. Much tickling and chasing and bouncing of balls down the stairs.

We also got a turn on Uncle Dave's Rock Band game. Morgan did pretty well on the drums, following the instructions of the audience, but I had more trouble with the guitar--not that I cared! We played the first few bars of the song over and over, each time getting booed and stopped by the "fans" on screen. But our basement fans loved us!

Adam and Morgan shared the drums for a few tries, and Tommy was our general jack-of-all-trades roadie guy. We stayed up really, really late Saturday night! Then we had a birthday lunch for Grandpa Dale on Sunday before the Iowa folks (that means us, too) headed home.
Wow, you are fast Heidi! It was fun to see this post. We had a really great time this weekend! Hope you guys enjoy your break this week!
ReplyDelete