Monday, August 18, 2008

A Week in Iowa

After the weekend with the Rhodes family in Indiana, Grandma and Grandpa took us out to Iowa for a week! I can't imagine what Mommy and Daddy did during that whole week--they must have been pretty bored. We got to do all kinds of great stuff on the farm, like help feed the lambs.

Here I am up in the big tractor. Maybe I'll get to drive it for real some day.

Feeding the calves.

Ahh...refreshment at the end of a long day on the farm.

But Iowa wasn't all hard work. Becca played Legos with us (and was great at frog catching!).

Tommy and I played some games on the computer while Adam had his nap.

Tommy gave me a few fashion pointers.

These little old ladies dropped by one afternoon.

We also went to the park with Grandma Charlene.


Riding on the driveway was a daily amusement.

Grandma got this fast Hot Wheels at the Crowded Closet, a great addition to the riding toy fleet.

And now for THE BEST PART!!! Can you guess what I am grabbing from the window well?

My first pet. With Tommy's help we caught at least 20 frogs, big and small, and some toads, too.

We made a frog habitat with Grandpa Dale's expert help.

Frogs, frogs everywhere! Whenever we go somewhere new these days, I check all the window wells for frogs.

On our last day in Iowa, Daddy came to pick us up and helped us make hay.

Sitting on Grandpa Eldon's lap.

And on the tractor! How many tractors does Grandpa have anyway?

Of course, a day of haymaking has to end with a snack for the workers. Yum! As it turned out, Daddy had to rush home that night to be with Mommy, but that's another story... Anyway, we got another ride in Grandpa and Grandma's car--thank you SO much for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment