Monday, August 18, 2008

Kindergarten Rocks!

A few days before my first day of school, we went to my new classroom at the College Kindergarten. I will go to school there, where my Mommy and Daddy first met! But I wish I could go to Daddy's school, like we had planned. Daddy says that I can go there next year, for sure, and my new kindergarten will have less desk-time and more time to be creative. After I saw the Lego table in the room, and all the other fun stuff, I felt a bit better about it.

This is my teacher, Mrs. Young. She likes gingerbread people, and we have a gingerbread man, Georgie, that helps us learn things at school.

The night before kindergarten started we went shopping for school supplies--just a big towel to rest on! I chose one that has the game Twister on it. Adam got a monkey towel.

What better way to welcome the new school year than ice cream at The Chief! I chose strawberry, my favorite.

Here's my bus! Mommy and Daddy took me to school the first day, and Daddy has taken me the rest of the days. I like to ride the bus, even though I was a bit shy on that first morning.

On the first day I had to get up so early that by the time I had eaten supper I was all tired out. I went to cuddle with Grandma Jan on the fainting couch, as she talked on the phone, and soon I was asleep. But here's what I said about my day: "Kindergarten in better than 10,000 gold coins!" I really do like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment