Being at the beach has always been important to our family. So after I was done with my first week of school, we went up to Lake Michigan and spent lots of time playing at the beach. We were very lucky to be able to stay at the Fishers' cabin, and even got to sleep in a bunk bed.

We rode the 10 minutes to the beach on this little red wagon.

Oh, what fun fun fun!!!

I preferred to play with the sand toys.

Between swimming times, I went around and found all sorts of "treasures" in the sand.

This was where we looked for treasures. It was a beautiful day!

Adam got in the water for a bit, too, squealing and giggling with each wave.

But he got pushed over by one bigger wave, and after that he wanted to snuggle in a towel on Mommy's lap.

When the Rhodes cousins came the next day, Grandpa and Grandma gave us some presents from their trip to Colorado. We got rocks from the Rocky Mountains, and books. It looks like Adrienne already knows what to do with a book! She is getting so big, and she smiles a lot. A few times when she was fussy I (Theo) talked to her nicely and she smiled at me!

On Saturday morning we discovered this big climbing/running dune farther down the beach. When our Rhodes family came to join us on Sunday, we went up and down again.

Perched way up above, like little birds (or
Totoro).

I really got into the water on Sunday. I loved to meet the waves and crash into them every which way.

Daddy also took me out into the big waves, with my big cousins and Chris and Sandi.

Grandma Jan and I were silly under the umbrella.

Daddy dug a huge hole that we jumped and fell into.

Daddy made himself into a "sand baby," and we ran around him and jumped over--and on--him.

All the Rhodes grandkids took a picture before everyone else went home. I'm sure Willa would have wanted to be with us, and was smiling, too.

Grandma Jan's family on the swing. We sure wish Ollie and Ada and Brad and Andrea--and Willa and Grandpa Mark, of course--could have been with us.

After we cleaned up the house, we rushed down to the beach and saw the last of the sunset. We boys fell asleep on the car ride home. What a wonderful time to be together at the shore.
No comments:
Post a Comment