Last week Grandma Jan flew out to visit us. Daddy was at 5th Grade Camp for 2 nights, and Grandma stayed with us, and then was here for Theo's 7th birthday.

The morning of my birthday party (Saturday) I was going to the Young Author's Conference, so I spent a few hours while Grandma was here writing my first full multi-page story.



Adam and Grandma Jan played in the neighbors' yard and other places while I wrote.

Thursday night was Adam's spring program. They sang the ABC song and The Itsy Bitsy Sider, and a few others. Daddy missed it, but Grandma Jan was there!


We found a cracked-open egg on the sidewalk. We think it was a cardinal egg.

On Friday we had our regular Home Day, and my hair stayed like this for most of the morning. It made Mommy think of Woody Woodpecker, a recent cartoon favorite.

Hanging out with Grandma Jan on the fainting couch...

and Willa's swing...

Saturday while Theo and Daddy went to the Conference, we ate breakfast at Rachel's Bread and prepared for the party that afternoon.

I would say that the boys never missed an opportunity to read with GJ, but it was interesting to see the evolution of the morning reading time--Adam was the faithful attendee this round, but Theo was sometimes busy playing with his new Legos or something else. But there were many new and old stories shared, as usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment