
We went to Nature Nuts again, on a cold morning. We went early so we could play in the playground, but it was too wet! Adam: I heard a train and could tell where it was, but I couldn't see it through the trees and bushes.

First we talked about the parts of a plant, and then the teacher drew them on a white board. Then we talked about all of them, and I learned that a carrot is a root! Can you believe we can eat roots? And broccoli is a flower, and celery is a stem, and tomatoes are fruits!



After the snack (salty peanuts and sunflower seeds were my favorites) we went for a walk in the woods, and it was hard to wait for the group because I had so much fun running ahead on the paths and looking for bears. It was a fun Nature Nuts, and next month we'll be studying birds!
No comments:
Post a Comment