Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Creatures

We have been having lots of fun with creatures around our house. The other day we noticed that a spider had made a web on the outside of our landing window. It was fun to watch her remake her web two evenings in a row. First she did the long radial strands, and then made the big spiral, ending up in the center.

Can you see all the reflections in this weird picture? You can try to find Mommy's hand and arm and camera, and the spider, and me.

When Mommy asked me what we should name the spider, I said "Lullabye." Then I changed my mind and decided on "Web Maker." That makes more sense, doesn't it? Unfortunately, when we had a few rainy days last weekend Web Maker was either washed away or just decided to seek a more sheltered spot. We haven't seen her since.

The other favorite creature is my first real pet, Al. Can you see him in my hand? I got him and another toad, Albert, a week and a half ago at a friend's house. They were in the window well, just like in Iowa! We set the two toads up in an old terrarium they had, and Mommy said I could bring them home. Albert was bigger, and he would chirp! Unfortunately, we lost him when he hopped into a hole in the hollow plastic wall of our backyard playhouse. But we still have Al. Since their names were so similar, we sometimes call Al Albert or even Alfred, and Adam called him Alan today. But his name is really Al.

I love to give Al rides in cars and on the back of my toys (although he usually lives outside on the back porch, or in the mudroom).

This afternoon I was playing in the sandbox with Al. Can you see him in the sand?

I made this Toad Castle for Al. It has all kinds of tunnels and a moat, and later I put a flag up.

While Theo was playing with Al, I played ball with Mommy.


Then we found an Antville!

I liked to touch the soft pile of ants and get the tickly little guys on my hand! :)




Won't you come over sometime and play with us and our creaturely friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment